“Farin” Case Study
Multilingual online store which sells personalized Christmas baubles achieved one of its best results thanks to Veltis social proof notifications. The store has a rather small number of visitors (about 500-800 visits a day). To perform an A/B test we used seven types of notification:
- “Informational” – which displayed some competitive advantages like “in the market since 2002” and “50 thousand gifts delivered“
- “Live Visitors Counter” – it showed the number of people who were currently in the online store.
- “Product Popularity” – showed the total number of orders made for a particular product (displayed only on the product page).
- “Total Visitors Counter” – displayed total number of visitors on the website in the last 24 hours.
- “Reviews” – hand-picked best short reviews and testimonials about the online store.
- “Recent Activity” – it showed all the recent individual purchases.
- “Events Counter” – showed the total number of people who have placed orders in the last 24 hours.
The “Product popularity” and “Purchases Counter” categories were displayed first, as the most important, and then the rest of notifications were displayed randomly.
The A/B test results
We ran the A/B test during the hot Christmas season and conversion was 13,8% better for customers who saw social proof notifications. 20% of visitors did not see any notifications and 80% did see them. The test was performed for two months based on 34 thousand unique visitors.
“CentrumKrzesel” case study
Poland’s largest online store that sells chairs, armchairs, furniture, and much more. Thanks to the huge number of visitors and customers, we were able to carry out precise tests. We used four types of notification:
- “Live Visitors Counter” – it showed the number of people who were doing their shopping right now.
- “Product Popularity” – presented the total number of orders made for a particular product in the last 48 hours (displayed only on the product page).
- “Events Counter” – displayed the total number of people who have made orders in the last 24 hours.
- “Recent Activity” – showed all the individual purchases that have been made recently in the online store.
All notifications were displayed randomly for visitors.
The A/B test results
The A/B test took 10 days in May, 2020. More than 50 thousand unique users visited the site, of which 20% of them didn’t see any notifications during their multiple visits.
The conversion rate was 12,36% better with customers who had seen notifications. Large volume tests show that social proof notifications have a huge positive impact on the conversion rate.